Sunday, June 19, 2005

Varga Kachina!

Today was my first time flying in a Varga Kachina (2150A). I couldn't believe how much fun it was to fly. The plane belongs to an old friend of mine. He offered to give me a ride to his home airport to have a look at his other plane (which is an experimental biplane). He actually let me perform the takeoff, it was my first takeoff in ten years! Not too bad. Just give it full power, rotate at 60 knots, climb at 80. I was surprised by how much right rudder it required on takeoff. We took off from Purdue Airport, flew to Delphi Airport, and back to Purdue again. Our initial takeoff from Purdue was delayed because of the departure of four F-18's. What a great day...

1 Comments:

At 11:53 AM, Blogger Bryan said...

Very nice. Juicy Fruit is good!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home